Note: Apply directly with Redeemer by filling out the fields to right *below* the blue Indeed button. Only click the blue "Apply with Indeed" button if you want to apply through Indeed.
Do you love Gospel-centered therapy? Or are you very curious about what it is and how this approach heals people? Are you excited to plan events and love the details surrounding them? Do you enjoy crafting content that moves people? Do you like collaborating with people on ideas and bringing them to life?
If so, we are looking for you! We would value a team member who is excited about our mission to make Gospel-centered therapy accessible to people from all walks of life. The Redeemer Counseling Services (RCS) Development Associate is responsible for supporting the Director of Development and the Fundraising team. This person will take a leadership role in planning certain fundraising events and activities in order to help bring in donations that support the healing of individuals, churches, and communities.
This person would have strong written and verbal communication skills, likes to create content, enjoys connecting with people and has experience planning events well. A resourceful self-starter with the ability to be flexible and hands on when needed is an important trait as our team is small and most people have multiple roles and responsibilities. A heart open to feedback and growth would be an amazing asset because worklife is a journey.
This is a hybrid (in-person and remote) position. The 30 hours would be within the hours of Monday through Thursday, between 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., which is open for discussion. There is opportunity for hours and career growth as performance and organizational needs align.
What do you get in return for your energy and commitment? You get to work with a team that is passionate about their mission and their contribution to the healing of NYC, one heart at a time. You get training, support and help from the Director of Development. You get to learn about Gospel-centered counseling as part of your work. You get to meet some cool donors through fun events. You get to grow in your Development skills in a field that is high in demand and allows for easy transfer from sector to sector.
Support the Director of Development and team in our goal of helping Redeemer Counseling to meet its annual fundraising goal.
- Actively lead and implement fundraising events, including the annual RCS Benefit, with guidance from Development Director
- Coordinate with church and community partners to set up RCS Spotlights to share about our work, impact and financial ask in order to invite supporters
- Create fun and moving content and appeals for email, direct mail, website, and social media as needed, working with the RCS Communications Manager
- Work on fundraising content for our quarterly newsletter, “RCS Update” and help to increase subscribers
- Coordinate and network with staff, volunteers, church and community partners to creatively leverage marketing and social media activities to help fundraising
Talk to donors
- Develop in-depth knowledge of RCS’s counseling approach, programs and data to convey to donors our need and their impact.
- Follow up with prospective donors after events to thank them and engage them further
- Engage with existing donors to thank them and share updates periodically
- Must be a Christian (Protestant) and active member of a church
- Must feel comfortable to share Gospel-centered visions and RCS’s theology and goals
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least 2 years of related fundraising, communications, or event planning work
- Excellent interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and partner with different people and organizations
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated problem solver
- Ability to work both on a macro and detailed level
Compensation and Benefits:
- Hourly rate: $22-24 an hour, depending on experience.
- Generous Employee Benefits - values approximately $20,000- $25,000 annually
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance for employee, option to pay into the program to add spouse and children to plan
- One week paid vacation, paid holidays
- NYC paid sick leave: 56 hours in a year
- Life insurance
- Short-term, Long-term and AD&D insurance, NY Paid Family Leave
- A monthly transit card
- Employer contribution to the Redeemer retirement plan
- Counseling services
- Professional development support
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill set; experience and training; licensure, certifications, and ordination; and other organizational needs.
Compensation: $22.00 - $24.00 per hour
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)